Welcome to uBitto! To start your journey as an instructor, do ensure you have completed the account registration.
Once you have successfully created and verified your account, you may proceed with the following steps to start your teaching journey.
1. Sign up on uBitto.
Do ensure your account is successfully activated.
2. Get Started on Instructor Onboarding Page.
At the end of the page, click on ‘Create My First Course.’ You will automatically be given access and be led to Instructor Dashboard.
3. Access Instructor Dashboard.
If you are not being redirected to Instructor Dashboard, you may access it at several locations.
You can access your Instructor Dashboard via two options:
A. Account dropdown > Instructor Dashboard
B. Sidebar > Instructor Dashboard
4. Create course.
A complete course creation requires 3 items:
4.1 Course creation
To display your class details and description to potential learners. This is what’s going to appear on the website.
4.2 Product creation
To set a subscription pricing and enable recurring subscription pricing model for customers. Product will just be integrated with course and not displayed on frontend.
4.3 Community group creation
To create a private group where learners taking your classes can submit assignments for marking, interact and ask questions.
4.1 Course creation
1. Click on ‘Courses’.
2. On Course Page tab , make sure to fill in your details:
- Course Title
- Course Short Description
- Course Categories
- Featured Image (600pixel x 333 pixel)
3. Go to Builder tab . Begin creating:
*This step is optional for Live Class educators. However, it is advisable to include Lesson titles as learners would prefer to know what’s in the syllabus before joining a class.
Lessons are a place for you to start building out your actual course material. You can include text, images, video, audio, PDFs and virtually any other type of third-party or embeddable content.
- Click ‘New Lesson’, enter a title and click ‘Add Lesson’.
- Hover to your newly created lesson and click ‘Edit’.
- On the lesson page tab, start adding your lesson content.
- Once done, click ‘Submit For Review’.
If you’ve got a lot of content, you can use topics to create even more hierarchy in your course.
There are a lot of similarities between lessons & topics, but there are a few important distinctions. If you find yourself unsure about the difference between lessons vs. topics, let’s clear things up.
– Lessons are lifted above topics in the course hierarchy.
– You can have a course with only lessons, but you cannot have a course with only topics. Topics can only be added beneath lessons.
– For example, your Lesson could be Basic Korean Grammar. You can have several topics – Korean Prepositions, Korean Particles etc.
4. Go to Settings tab.
- Course Materials – attach if you have any
- Course Certificate – disregard
- Course Content – select ‘Only visible to enrollees’
- Access Mode – Select ‘closed’ and key in your course price
5. Click ‘Publish’ and ‘Submit For Review.’
4.2 Product Creation
In uBitto LMS, navigate to Products > Add New. Then, fill in:
- Product name (use the same name as your class)
- Description (use the same description as your class)
- Product Categories : choose Online Learning
- Product Type : Choose Simple Subscription
- Virtual : Make sure it’s ticked so that customers do not get charged shipping fee
- Subscription price : Set your course subscription price. Pricing Guideline
- Product Gallery : Add a product image (600px x 333px)
- Learndash Courses : Associate your course with this product
- Click ‘Save Draft’.
- Copy the product URL and save it in a notepad.
4.3 Community Group Creation
- Go to ubitto.com/community.
- Click ‘Create A Group’.
- Fill in Group Name and Group Description.
- Click ‘Create Group and Continue’.
- Under Settings:
- Privacy Options – Choose ‘This is a private group’ to ensure only course purchasers are able to join. Select ‘This is a hidden group’ if you would like to continue editing the group without making. it live yet.
- Group Invitation – Choose ‘organizers only’ to allow only your account to manage members
- Choose your preferred settings for the rest of the options and click ‘Next Step’.
- Group Forum – Tick if you would be like your learners to communicate in a structured, bulletin-board style fashion.
- Group Course Settings – Tick to sync with a Learndash Group.
- Upload Photo and Cover Photo .
- Invite – There’s no need to invite anyone as paid learners will automatically be added to this group.
- Click ‘Finish’ .
5. Associate Course, Product and Group Together.
5.1 Connect Course with Product and Group
- To connect a course with a subscription product that you’ve created, under Settings tab, navigate to Access Mode, select ‘Closed’ , key in your monthly subscription price and paste the product URL that you’ve saved earlier on.
- Then, go to Groups tab.
- Select the group that you have created earlier and click on the button pointing right. Make sure your group moves to the box on the right.
- Click ‘Submit For Review.’
You will be notified once your class is approved and live.
Next, if you want to teach live, you will need to connect your community group with your Zoom account .